The Clay Center of New Orleans will have a number of integrated programs and opportunities designed to support clay artists of all levels. These programs will also serve to build and nurture a local community centered around clay as an artistic medium. Several programs will connect the ceramic art community of New Orleans to the vibrant national ceramic art community.
- The Community Education Program will offer a multitude of ceramic art classes and workshops geared toward adults and children in the general community.
- The Exhibitions Program will be expanded to include solo artist exhibitions in addition to our juried group exhibitions.
- The Resident Artists Program will draw new ceramic talent to New Orleans by offering competitive residency opportunities.
- The Community Outreach Program will aim to bring affordable and accessible ceramic arts education to seniors, adults and children who might not have the physical or financial ability to take a class at the Center.
- The Clay Center will create a number of professional opportunities, including part-time teaching jobs, workshop opportunities for national and local artists, salaried administrative positions, and internships for college students. We will also show and promote the work of select artists in our Gallery Shop, and provide access to our studios through our Open Studio Membership program.